1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Wools, wool blends, natural fibers, pretty much anything that isn't all synthetic is fine. Fun fur, acrylic, acrylic blends are all on the NO list.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My circular needles are all in their original bags and I keep them (in size order) inside a Robeez bag. My double pointed needles hang out in an inside pocket of my knitting bag. I really need to make a needle roll for them.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for about 2 and a half years. My Grandmother tried to teach me numerous times, but I finally picked it up when I wanted to knit my own wool diaper covers for my kids. I've knit socks, lace, kid sweaters, etc, and I've tried lots of different increases and decreases, stitch patterns, etc, but I have never knit an adult size garment. I think that makes me an intermediate skill level knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do! It's at Amazon.
5. What's your favorite scent? Besides my babies heads, I like teas, fruits, light flowers like jasmine, but not roses, citrus, lavender, vanilla and fresh clean scents like linen hung to dry outside. I am sensitive to synthetic scents though, please try to keep it to natural scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like dark chocolate between 65% and 75%. Anything darker gets too dry for me and anything lighter is too sweet. I also like gummies, of any shape.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew, quilt and stamp in addition to knitting. A wonderful friend just gave me a drop spindle, but I haven't had much time to work with it. I do plan to add spinning to my crafting repertoire.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like a little bit of everything from opera to country, blues to indie rock, alternative to folk. I don't care for pop or rap. Good kids music is great too.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My most favorite color is gray. I also like, blues and greens, purples and reds. I don't really do orange and yellow unless it's small amounts mixed into something else. I also don't like neons or pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've been married to Gary for 7 and a half years now and we have two wonderful children, Anneliese who will be 4 in May and Trevor who will be two in July. We have a hamster named Fuzzy.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, yes and no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Anything for someone else. I really like to knit for my kids and friends. I enjoy seeing my knits worn and enjoyed. I would love to have some knits for myself someday.
13. What are you knitting right now? A sweater for Anneliese (that may be too small since it's taken me forever to finish knitting it), a pair of socks and a lace shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love them!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circulars. Almost all of my needles are Addi Turbos. I have a couple sets of Knit Picks circulars that I haven't used yet and a few sets of bamboo double points.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Neither. *whine whine*
17. How old is your oldest UFO? A couple years old. I started a hat for Gary right after I learned to knit that I never finished. I also have a few tops for Anneliese that I never finished because she outgrew them before they were done.
18. What is your favorite holiday? I like them all. Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and Halloween are the top three.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Chickens. And sheep. And Olivia stuff. Do books count, I have lots of those. Oh, yarn too. :)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love to have Elizabeth Zimmerman's Opinionated Knitter. I currently have a subscription to Interweave Knits, but since they've changed the format I'll be looking for a new knitting magazine.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? My finishing skills could really use a boost.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am. 9.5" long and 9.75" circumference.
23. When is your birthday? September 8th.