Anneliese's sweater is finally finished! She loves it, as usual. She's a real sucker for anything mommy-made. :)
The details -
Started: November 2006
Finished: September 2007 (Eeek! All that stockinette was sooooo boring and I took a break from it over the Spring and Summer.)
Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmermann's Percentage Sweater
Yarn: Irish Baby Knits Yarn of the Month Club Yarn from ages ago. It's persephone wool dyed by Bungalow Buns.
Needle: US 5
I knit the body in the round and steeked it. I tried a crocheted steek first, but it was too bulky. I went with sewing it by machine and making the button bands fold over and enclose the raw edges.
I added short rows to the back of the neck for better coverage. In retrospect I would have done a couple less short rows. Overall, I'm very glad I added them.
The buttons were picked out by Anneliese. I'm hoping she doesn't grow this winter or the sweater won't fit for long.