Anneliese attended her first Girl Scout's meeting this week. She loved it! She earned her Letterboxing badge and a Friends Are Fun badge. I'm going to pull out my old Girl Scout's stuff to show her before her next meeting.
- Trevor did pages for letter K & L in his Handwriting Without Tears book and did practice lines of those letters. He reviewed lesson 3 in All About Spelling Level 1 and completed lesson 4, he knows which letters are vowels and consonants. Trevor read books 15, 16, 17 and 18 in Collection 1 of Bob Books,. Trevor has read all the boos in Collection 1. He has been wanting to read all the time, he started reading our small collection of books about Biscuit the dog.
- Anneliese completed her work on capital letters in her Handwriting Without Tears book and now can write all the letters, uppercase and lowercase, in cursive. Anneliese completed lesson 11 in All About Spelling Level Two.
- Trevor continued working in his Singapore Earlybird Math and listening to the readers that go along with them.
- Anneliese worked in her Singapore Math 3A book again this week.
- Anneliese and I read Our Strange New Land, Elizabeth's Jamestown Colony Diary, Book One together. We spent lots of time talking about conditions in Jamestown and how hard it was to survive.
- We completed lesson 2 in RSO Level 1 Life about cells. The kids colored a page of different cells in My First Human Body Book. We read Enjoy Your Cells by Evan Balkwill and completed lab 1 and 2. Unfortunately no one here likes to eat jello. :(
- Anneliese and Trevor completed lesson 6 of Artistic Pursuits Grades K-3 Book 2 Stories of Artists and Their Art .
- This week we read How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World . We made mini-books about apple tree lifecycles, parts of an apple, apple facts, chicken taxonomy chart, and more. We had an apple tasting with 8 varieties and complied a chart about their traits and made a note of our favorite variety. We also read Apples to Oregon , The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree and Chicks & Chickens .