- Trevor did a page for letter G in his Handwriting Without Tears book and did practice lines of magic "c" letters. He completed lesson 7 in All About Spelling Level 1 . He is confidently spelling 3 letter words with short sound vowels. Trevor read books 9, 10 & 11 in Collection 2 of Bob Books and spent from time playing online at Starfall. He has been wanting to read all the time, he started reading our small collection of books about Biscuit the dog. He completed lessons18 - 21 this week in First Language Lessons .
- Anneliese has completed her Handwriting Without Tears book this week. She has been continuing to practice upper and lowercase letters in cursive and is working on making her letters smaller. Anneliese completed lesson 14 in All About Spelling Level Two. Anneliese completed lessons 18 - 21 in First Language Lessons this week. Anneliese did Writing with Ease for the first time this week and completed the first week's lessons.
- Trevor continued working in his Singapore Earlybird Math and listening to the readers that go along with them. His current unit is about weight.
- Anneliese worked in her Singapore Math 3A book. She is still working on multiplication and division.
- This week Anneliese and I have started reading Squanto, Friend Of The Pilgrims by Bulla. (Side Note: I am displeased with this book. It was listed on quite a few reading lists, so I thought it would be a reasonable accurate depiction of events. It is not. It is horribly biased with white imperialism. We have already had some hard discussions about the realities of life for the colonists and for the Native Americans. We will be reading some children's books that are not historically accurate, but I was hoping we would have one book that was.) We are doing a few of the lapbooking projects from Homeschool Share about Squanto. She has completed pockets 1 & 2 of History Pockets: Life in Plymouth Colony . She also read Samuel Eaton's Day and Sarah Morton's Day . She completed her timeline entry about Jamestown.
- We completed unit 5 in RSO Level 1 Life about the circulatory system. We did two experiments, the first measured our heart rate while resting and doing various activites to show how our heart works harder when we work harder. The second experiment was making a model of blood with Karo syrup, candies, beans and lentils. We learned about the 4 major parts of our blood and what they do. We read A Drop of Blood and both kids watched the movie about the heart on BrainPOP Jr.
- Anneliese and Trevor completed lesson 9 of Artistic Pursuits Grades K-3 Book 2 Stories of Artists and Their Art.
Five in a Row
- This week we read Grandfather's Journey by Alln Say. We made mini-books about Japan, the continents, land types and family. We also read Tea with Milk by Allen Say. Every time I read this to the kids, I get teary at the end. Allen Say was a new author to us, but he has fast become a favorite. If you have read his books, I highly recommend them.
- We spent half a day playing with friends at the Tacoma Children's Museum. Thank you to the library for having free passes to check out.
Here is a picture of Anneliese's replica of Jamestown from a couple weeks ago. We used a toob of trees and Native Americans to add to it. :)