I missed wrapping up our week last week. We were very busy celebrating Gary's birthday at the end of the week and over the weekend and posting my wrap up completely slipped my mind. Thank you to those of you who let me know that you missed it and enjoy reading each week. Here is a combined wrap up for the last 2 weeks.
- Trevor did pages for letters U, V, W, X, Y, Z, C, O & Q in his Handwriting Without Tears book and did practice lines of those letters. Hecompleted lessons 5 & 6 in All About Spelling Level 1 . He is confidently spelling 3 letter words with short sound vowels. Trevor read books 1 through 8 in Collection 2 of Bob Books,. He has been wanting to read all the time, he started reading our small collection of books about Biscuit the dog. He is working on memorizing his next poem in First Language Lessons and completed lessons 14 - 17 this week.
- Anneliese has continued working in her Handwriting Without Tears book and only has 2 pages left until it is completed. She has been continuing to practice upper and lowercase letters in cursive and is working on making her letters smaller. Anneliese completed lesson 12 and 13 in All About Spelling Level Two. Anneliese is also working on memorizing her next poem in First Language Lessons and completed lessons 14 - 17 this week.
- Trevor continued working in his Singapore Earlybird Math and listening to the readers that go along with them. He is almost finished with book A, he's been wating to do more than one activity per day. I'll be ordering book B soon.
- Anneliese worked in her Singapore Math 3A book again this week. She is back to working on multiplication and division.
- Anneliese and I read lots of book over the last two weeks. We read Pocahontas by the D'Aulaires, Book Two and Book Three of Elizabeth's Diary and completed all the lapbook projects from the Pocahontas book at Homeschool Share as well as a portion of the Overview of the 17th Century lapbook from Curr Click. We completed a paper replica of Jamestown found at Homeschool in the Woods and spent some time at both the National Geographic website Jamestown interactive game and at Hisory.com's similar website about Jamestown. Anneliese has a good grasp of the conditions at Jamestown, as well as what brought the settlers over from Europe, and why they survived. Next week we start on the Mayflower's journey across the ocean.
- We completed lesson 3 & 4 in RSO Level 1 Life. Anneliese and Trevor began work on their human body books and learned about bones and muscles. We did an experiment that shows how muscles shorten and lengthen to make your bones move. We read Bend and Stretch . Both kids attended their Budding Scientist class at the Tacoma Nature Center.
- Anneliese and Trevor completed lesson 8 of Artistic Pursuits Grades K-3 Book 2 Stories of Artists and Their Art about Jan van Eyck.
Five in a Row
- This week we read Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel . We made mini-books about steam powered vehicles, contruction vehicles, personification, and more. We enjoyed this book, but weren't interested in doing many extras with it.
- The kids played across the street at the park almost every single day. They really enjoyed the nice weather we have had the last two weeks.
- They both attended a birthday party at a local roller-skating rink. Lots of fun!! (I skated, too!)
- Anneliese and Trevor have been watching Schoolhouse Rock! frequently. They dig it. :)
- Anneliese attended her second Girl Scouts meeting. She is loving this.
It's hard for me to believe we have already finished 8 weeks of school. I'm looking forward to taking a week off next month for Thanksgiving.