School and summer. I like them both. I worked hard this summer to make it a summer of memories for the kids, they missed out on the last 3 or 4 summers dues to family issues. We had a few hiccups and plans didn't always work out, but overall I think we'll all look back on the summer of 2012 with fond memories. I'm working on a "memory book" for the kids, I've kept souvenirs and taken pictures when I wasn't too busy having fun. It will include:
- a camping trip at Ohanapecosh
- spelunking at the Ape Cave
- a picnic, swimming, and a short hike at Flaming Geyser State Park
- a wedding
- attending a Tacoma Rainier's game
- visiting Owen Beach at low tide
- overnights with both grandparents
- hiking the Silver Falls and Grove of the Patriarchs trails
- going to the spray-park with friends
- Anneliese went to Camp Oh Ah Lay Lay
We canceled one camping trip due to illness and there is one more trip I want to make before all the good weather is gone. We're going to sneak in a day-trip to the ocean to play in the water and fly our kite.
We are taking one more week before we begin our formal studies. This week Anneliese and Trevor are participating in a 3-day science camp put on by two moms in our homeschool group. They will be doing activities like tye-dyeing a shirt, exploring owl pellets, making root beer floats, and launching rockets.
We have some big lifestyle changes ahead that we will tackle as a family, including a move to more self-sufficiency.